First Person Shooter, Made for Mobile.
Don't Get Infected!
about the game
Use your device's orientation sensors to vaccinate waves of infected.
Collect stimulus money to slow down the infected.
If social distancing is ignored, the player's infection level rises, till RIP.
get the game
- Trello: Project Tracking
- Vaccine19 v0.1.2
- Gathering statistics data for future leaderboards and achievements.
- Crates hitting the infected increase player's score.
- Crates' spawn location now changed to be in front of the player, periodically dropping crates on top of the infected.
- Option to turn on Force Feedback / Vibration for when the player's infection meter is increasing.
- SFX added for Infected being hit, gun's laser, barrel boom, and menu interaction.
- Audio SFX for the gun's laser dynamically changes pitch depending on the distance to the target hit.
- About Menu added with developer website link.
- Pause Menu added to be used during gameplay.
- Added Main Menu Infected character idle as a visual. When player clicks play, character is vaccinated.
- Barrel spawning rings are now purple. Crate spawning rings are yellow. Each has a 1 in 10 chance of appearing every 20 infected that are vaccinated.
- Bug Fixes:
- Phones' gyro sensors outputting varying numbers depending on make and model. Added options for the user to tune sensitivity and lock movement to the horizontal plane if they experience undesired control issues.
- Weight added to the limbs of the Infected, so they ragdoll a bit more naturally.
- When player is infected / game over: barrels, crates, and infected stop spawning.
- Vaccine19 v0.1
- General Description:
- First Person Shooter for mobile shooting waves of zombies as they run at the player.
- Player is stationary and unable to move locations. Aiming the player's gun uses the gyro sensors on mobile devices for Pitch and Yaw. The mouse is used on PC.
- Game ends when Infection level reaches 100% from exposure to zombies at close proximity.
- Player goal is to reach a high score, which is tracked at the top of the screen.
- Aiming movement is restricted, making it easy to re-orientate the player's view using mobile (a phone user can easily have the phone comfortably orientated in any vertical position to play).
- While aiming, the gun will move at a different rate than the camera. Laser shots fired will not always be at the center of the screen because of this. The laser's orientation is perfectly in line with the barrel of the gun.
- Zombies spawn from red rings in the sky.
- Zombies initially run to a randomized location before running directly to the player. This helps spread out the Zombie waves and adds more challenge when shooting.
- TNT Barrels and boxes spawn from yellow rings in the sky. A barrel has a reduced chance of spawning compared to boxes.
- Every 20 kill score the player earns, a new ring appears. A yellow ring has a reduced chance of spawning.
- Shooting TNT Barrels kill all alive zombies in play and also initiates a SloMo / bullet-time effect for a few seconds.
- Zombies within close proximity of the player will accumulate Infection, displayed at the bottom of the screen. The infection rate is compounded when more than one zombie is within range.
- Infection level slowly reduces to zero when no zombies are within close proximity of the player.
- Lighting has been mostly optimized for mobile, but high-end mobile. There are only 2 lights in the map, and many materials are unlit and no objects cast shadows.
- Install footprint continues to be reduced as development continues.