100% Free 'Hip-Fire' Arcade Shooter! Instead of using crosshairs or sights on gun, Vaccine19 has the player visualize shot trajectory. Don't Get Infected! Made by coolnames
about the game
Use your device's orientation sensors to vaccinate waves of infected.
Collect stimulus money to slow down the infected.
If social distancing is ignored, the player's infection level rises, till RIP.
get the game
- Trello: Project Tracking
- Vaccine19 v0.6
- Charged Shot ➡ When in normal play, clicking and holding the fire button initiates the gun to charge. When charged, release fire button to shoot a penetrating shot. Circumference of beam is a bit less than Stimulus Shot. Release fire button too early and a normal shot will occur.
- Headshots ➡ Normal shots to The Infecteds' head are now tracked in stats. A different physics sim is used when shots register to the head.
- Quality Settings ➡ Further refinements are now implemented. There are further distinctions between each setting, that should help with FPS and/or visual fidelity.
- Lighting ➡ New light emitters added to the game: Barrel explosions, Stimulus Shot and Charged Shot projectiles, gun charged indicator at gun muzzle.
- Gun Sounds ➡ New shot sounds for Charge Up, Charged Shot, and Stimulus Shot.
- Leaderboards ➡ Leaderboards are now accessible from the Main Menu that display the top scores and also the player's position.
- After Action Report ➡ The player's stats for the current game played are displayed upon INFECTED status.
- BUG FIXES:
- Pausing ➡ After being infected (After Action Screen) is no longer possible.
- Pausing ➡ Pausing the game during normal play will actually set the game speed to ~0. This lets the player visually adjust FOV on the fly. If in a slo-mo mode, and pause is initiated, the game will pause to prevent game speed issues that were occurring.
- Vaccine19 v0.5
- Hit Streak Meter ➡ Displays the consecutive shot streak for the player & when the next Cash pickup will spawn.
- Miss Shot Notification ➡ Cartoony text briefly appears over gun when a shot is missed.
- DRUM LOOPS ➡ Variations of percussion drum looped music play depending on the gameplay mode the player is in.
- Vaccine19 v0.4
- OPTIONS ➡ QUALITY ➡ Adjust Graphics Quality. Modifies lighting, transparency/translucency and non-essential VFX.
- OPTIONS ➡ FPS COUNTER
- GUN ➡ BARREL SMOKE ➡ Smoke briefly comes from barrel after Stimulus Mode.
- GUN ➡ SHOTS ➡ Normal shots now glow and have a slight motion trail effect.
- Vaccine19 v0.3
- MUSIC ➡ Added looping spooky track
- STIMULUS MODE ➡ Penetrating projectiles now shot when in Stimulus mode. Will hit all Infected and balls in it's path.
- VERSION INFO ➡ Username and version watermark at top corner of screen.
- TUTORIAL ➡ Small looping gif showing gameplay hook.
- OPTIONS ➡ Adjust music volume.
- Vaccine19 v0.2
- SHOOTING ➡ Added ms shoot delay
- BALL ➡ Created new bowling ball representing stocks/crypto, replaced boxes
- BALL ➡ Balls now have a score count displayed to the player
- PERKS ➡ Created sets of starting scenarios to give perks to player
- SFX ➡ Added Player Infection SFX on GameOver
- ACHIEVEMENTS ➡ Reduced Infection Achievs to x1, x10, x25, x50
- ACHIEVEMENTS ➡ Reduced Stimulus Achievs to x1, x10, x25, x50
- ACHIEVEMENTS ➡ Replaced Crate crush count with Ball bowl count
- STATS ➡ Now tracking Best Score per Ball
- INTRO VIDEO ➡ coolnames dev video on game start
- OPTIONS ➡ Resolution combobox
- OPTIONS ➡ Change between WideScreen and Vertical modes
- OPTIONS ➡ FOV slider
- OPTIONS ➡ VSync
- OPTIONS ➡ SFX Volume slider
- OPTIONS ➡ Show FPS
- INFO ➡ Added crypto addresses for tips 😉
- MERCH ➡ Added Merch button and section on Main screen
- AD ➡ Internal ad for Merch
- AD ➡ Internal ad for Vidya Poker
- AD ➡ Internal ad for crypto tips 😉
- INFECTION METER ➡ Position adjusts when changing resolution and FOV
- Vaccine19 v0.1.2
- Gathering statistics data for future leaderboards and achievements.
- Crates hitting the infected increase player's score.
- Crates' spawn location now changed to be in front of the player, periodically dropping crates on top of the infected.
- Option to turn on Force Feedback / Vibration for when the player's infection meter is increasing.
- SFX added for Infected being hit, gun's laser, barrel boom, and menu interaction.
- Audio SFX for the gun's laser dynamically changes pitch depending on the distance to the target hit.
- About Menu added with developer website link.
- Pause Menu added to be used during gameplay.
- Added Main Menu Infected character idle as a visual. When player clicks play, character is vaccinated.
- Barrel spawning rings are now purple. Crate spawning rings are yellow. Each has a 1 in 10 chance of appearing every 20 infected that are vaccinated.
- Bug Fixes:
- Phones' gyro sensors outputting varying numbers depending on make and model. Added options for the user to tune sensitivity and lock movement to the horizontal plane if they experience undesired control issues.
- Weight added to the limbs of the Infected, so they ragdoll a bit more naturally.
- When player is infected / game over: barrels, crates, and infected stop spawning.
- Vaccine19 v0.1
- General Description:
- First Person Shooter for mobile shooting waves of zombies as they run at the player.
- Player is stationary and unable to move locations. Aiming the player's gun uses the gyro sensors on mobile devices for Pitch and Yaw. The mouse is used on PC.
- Game ends when Infection level reaches 100% from exposure to zombies at close proximity.
- Player goal is to reach a high score, which is tracked at the top of the screen.
- Aiming movement is restricted, making it easy to re-orientate the player's view using mobile (a phone user can easily have the phone comfortably orientated in any vertical position to play).
- While aiming, the gun will move at a different rate than the camera. Laser shots fired will not always be at the center of the screen because of this. The laser's orientation is perfectly in line with the barrel of the gun.
- Zombies spawn from red rings in the sky.
- Zombies initially run to a randomized location before running directly to the player. This helps spread out the Zombie waves and adds more challenge when shooting.
- TNT Barrels and boxes spawn from yellow rings in the sky. A barrel has a reduced chance of spawning compared to boxes.
- Every 20 kill score the player earns, a new ring appears. A yellow ring has a reduced chance of spawning.
- Shooting TNT Barrels kill all alive zombies in play and also initiates a SloMo / bullet-time effect for a few seconds.
- Zombies within close proximity of the player will accumulate Infection, displayed at the bottom of the screen. The infection rate is compounded when more than one zombie is within range.
- Infection level slowly reduces to zero when no zombies are within close proximity of the player.
- Lighting has been mostly optimized for mobile, but high-end mobile. There are only 2 lights in the map, and many materials are unlit and no objects cast shadows.
- Install footprint continues to be reduced as development continues.