Classic video poker gameplay, enhanced with modern styling and features.
Can you win big?
about the game
Hot Streak 🔥
Cold Streak 🥶
Gain hot-streaks by winning consecutively!
Unlock companion Toons as you win!
get the game
- Trello: Project Tracking
- Vidya Poker v2.1
- Main menu music's volume is now correctly adjusted by the Music Volume slider in the Options Menu.
- SFX for transitioning from Hot Streak / Cold Streak now has proper user saved volume from Options Menu.
- Menu button on gameplay screen was moved to top right corner to be accessable by phones with camera cutout.
- Whale pet's size reduced to prevent clipping during animations.
- Yeti pet removed.
- Unused plugins assets cleaned out of project.
- Vidya Poker v2.0
- New 'Pets' added: King, Queen, and Jack.
- Lightning now spawns as an effect when a card is touched during normal gameplay. Effect changes when in a Hot Streak.
- Main Menu music has been added.
- The Ace cards in Set #3 were modified to have an aditional small 'A', to maintain visual uniformity with the Face cards' design.
- Announcer voice SFX no longer repeat "Hot" or "Cold" when a hand progresses into a longer winning/losing streak. New variations spoken at the end of a Hot or Cold Streak hand are implemented.
- Fire effects shown behind cards when in a Hot Streak are now animating properly.
- Firework rewards at the end of a winning hand were tweaked to be more visible to the player.
- The fire particle effects shown when in the longest win streak are no longer reloading after an additional winning hand; they stay loaded.
- All looping audio tracks are now seemlessly looping.
- 'Pet' skins available to the player have been reduced down to 10 for each 'pet'.
- Total package size on disk has been reduced by over 50%, while still adding new content.
- All smoke effects have been removed from particles to increase performance and save on install footprint.
- Vidya Poker v1.9.2
- Fixed a bug on mobile where textures were being displayed with a green emissive glow on initial load.
- Fixed bug when player goes Bankrupt, goes to main menu, then back to gameplay, the cards were not in camera view.
- Total Play Time has been removed.
- Pets and pet skins added to game. All pets have unique animations that fire depending on gameplay criteria.
- Gameplay level/map visuals completely revamped. Mountains and cloudy sky replaced with a colorful space skybox and dynamic clouds that the player/camera move through during gameplay.
- Clouds lerp to different colors when transitioning into and out of a hot/cold streak.
- Cards now have fire particle FX shown when a hot streak is earned.
- Cards now have an ice/cracked texture and icicle static mesh overlayed when a cold streak is earned.
- Modified Set 3 of card textures so that face cards are more easily differentiated.
- Main Menu items repositioned to better make use of mobile screen space.
- Added card animations. Newly dealt cards are dropped vertically into place. Drawn cards are rotated into position. Discarded cards have gravity enabled and fall out of the player's view.
- Added higher quality music with track variations.
- Music changes upon transition in/out of hot/cold streaks.
- Added ability to multi-select cards. Selection soundFX changes pitch incrementally on multi-selection.
- Play now flys around in a spline loop in the level. Movement direction is backwards, so that firework rewards and falling cards are more visibile to the player.
- Vidya Poker v1.6.1
- Changed the way the cards, fireworks, and player persepective are structured, enabling them to be manipulated accurately with automation.
- Cleaned function hierarchy which had some conflicts and redundancies causing gameplay and player statistics bugs.
- The number of times the player has gone Bankrupt is now tracked.
- Added a "are your sure" prompt for the player when clicking the Reset Stats button.
- Changing poker game type also cycles the sky's visuals.
- Cards, fireworks, and player's perspective are now all locked together, maintaining uniformity during any movement/manipulation. Once fireworks have been launched, they are no longer attached to the player's view and are now under the normal gravity/physics rules.
- Locked objects and sky now rotate independant of eachother and at different rates. With the mountain landscape stationary, this achieves a closer natural sense of distance/depth.
- Changed poker level's visuals with a higher detailed cloudy sky and a basic mountain terrain extending to the horizon.
- The sun on the horizon casts God Rays when the cards, mountains or firework particles obstruct the light path. This is enabled when playing Jacks or Better poker.
- The selected card HOLD visual has been updated to accept more manipulation of color and glow intensity.
- Card selection by the player was tracked by the card's location in 3D space. Selection is now tracked by several internal variables that enable the cards to be moving/animating anywhere in the level and still maintain functionality.
- The DEAL/DRAW button now changes to "SKIP" when processing a payout. The player can click it to complete the payout animation and SFX to continue playing.
- New MAX BET button implemented. It will set the bet and bet multiplier as high as the player can afford, with a max at 5 for each. The button will always try to maxmize the highest bet multiplier value, to yield a higher payout for the player.
- Attempting to bet more than the player can afford, SFX play and the current total money flash red, alerting player to change their bet amount.
- Game now reacts to a player reaching zero money with a bankrupt screen, allowing the player to go back to the main menu or re-buy in an additional $1000 and continue playing.
- There is now an About button on the Main Menu screen with game version and developer info.
- Vidya Poker v1.5
- Bug fix for data being saved but UI not updating when switching back and forth from Main Menu and Play screens. (Bet amount data maintained but visually resets to $1)
- Play UI is no longer destroyed when leaving play screen. UI is now just hidden.
- New player stats items added: Winning Hands %, Total Game Time, Profit.
- Total Game Time now refined to only track time between actually gambling and not idle time. (When player clicks DEAL -> payout complete)
- Player Name now on Stats screen. Will hook into name retrieved from OS account name or similar.
- Implemented visual screen transitions when going from Main Menu and Play screens.
- When triggered, screen transitions animate to a black screen, then animate oppositely to reveal the desired screen.
- Screen transition type is displayed randomly when initiated, but always animates oppositely on the next screen reveal. Revealing with a different random transition was jarring.
- Added Fireworks to background of Main Menu screen.
- Main Menu items and logo animate on initial display.
- Added more SFX: Main menu greeting, Player Stats reveal numbers incrementally and play a sound with modified pitch, new card select sounds.
- Vidya Poker v1.4
- Mouse use is now simulating touch.
- Can now tap -> drag to select multiple cards. This has made the game feel more intuitive and fun.
- Created Tutorial screen in Photoshop showing all the winning hands possible for people not familiar with Poker scoring.
- New Player Statistics UI displaying information derived from all the tracked data being gathered.
- Fixed many bugs with how the statistics were being derived.
- Fixed the way data was being saved for specific information (on game load, after button clicks, winning hand earned, etc)
- Added 3 new card back materials to visually represent each of the poker game types.
- Multiple new UI screens implemented: Main menu, Pause menu, Player Statistics, Tutorial.
- Vidya Poker v1.3.1
- Tracking data through SaveGame mechanic. Initial use implemented.
- 4 total poker game types implemented now. A button at the bottom left of the screen switches between them.
- Paytables are updated on poker game type change.
- Particle effects added under finger/cursor when a card is touched. Currently rudementary but functional.
- New SoundFX implemented. Male announcer for winning hand type. Synth sounds for types of winning hands and button clicks.
- Vidya Poker v1.3
- Reduced the 'quality' of the primary firework particles. Was too visually overwhelming and resource intensive on phones.
- Further tuned the scoring logic to work correctly. Some hands were not properly scoring.
- Bet Amount and Bet Multiplier now implemented as buttons at bottom of screen. The multiplier selected updates the paytable.
- Payout animation is now playing a SoundFX that incrementally increases pitch and color to futher represent magnitude of winning.
- Player now prevented from selecting cards as they are being dealt.
- Vidya Poker v1.2
- Expanded backend scoring to support a large extended list of possible winning hands i.e. 4 of a Kind with Kicker.
- Kicker card logic added to differentiate 4 of a Kind hands.
- Player is now notified if the initially dealt hand is a winning hand: the item on the paytable is highlighted and a soundFX is played.
- Bet amount is now user selectable.
- On a winning hand, the payout money is visually counted at $1 increments.
- Fireworks now spawn at a rate that coincides with the value of the hand the player earns.
- Vidya Poker v1.1
- No longer setting cards to be destroyed on round complete. Instead, cards not being currently used by the player are just not viewable/interactable.
- Initial scoring scheme implemented: Jacks or Better.
- Visual paytable for scoring implemented into UI.
- Added fireworks as visual reward when a winning hand is earned.
- Prevent player from pressing Deal/Draw again while cards are being dealt.
- Vidya Poker v1.0
- Created stand alone project for a 5 card video poker type game.
- Environment is 3D using Unreal Engine with cards floating, rendered in 3D space.
- Basic functionality for dealing hand implemented.
- Tracking rank and suit of card dealt.